Mikal Stole has quickly become one of the more prominent family law attorneys in the Cook, Will, and Grundy County courthouses. He has successfully represented clients with complex cases involving high net worth estates, child custody disputes (allocation of parental responsibilities), and divorces involving business interests, while also efficiently handling routine matters. Mikal's skill set in family law matters is extremely broad. Not only is he a knowledgeable litigator, Mikal has also found success in writing appellate court briefs on family law matters and is frequently appointed as Guardian ad Litem, serving as the court's witness in child custody.
Mikal serves as the Co-Chairperson of the Will County Bar Association's Family Law Committee and has been responsible for organizing the annual Family Law Seminar for several years. Mikal is a frequent presenter to fellow members of the Bar Association on topics including family law, contempt of court, ethics, and Guardian ad Litem issues.
In addition to the practice of law, Mikal previously served two terms as a Village Trustee for the Village of Lansing, Illinois (elected in 2009 and 2013).
Being an unmarried father, Mikal has a unique understanding of matters faced by clients in regards to custody and parenting time. He genuinely believes that Reich, Jumbeck & Stole, L.L.P., is second to none in preparation, knowledge of the law, and the ability the litigate when necessary.
Areas Of Practice
- Divorce (routine and complex)
- Post-Decree Family Law Matters
- Guardian-ad Litem / Child’s Representative
- Illinois, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2008
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 05/2005
- University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
- Major: Liberal Arts
- Major: Sciences
- Major: English
- In re Marriage of Carlson-Urbanczyk, 2013 Ill. App. (3d) 120731
- In re Marriage of Sanfentello, 393 Ill. App. 3d 641 (1st Dist. 2009)
- Frequent presenter, Will County Bar Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Will County Bar Association, Family Law Committee, Co-Chair, 2010 to Present
Pro Bono Activities
- Village Trustee for the Village of Lansing, Illinois, 2009 and 2013