Photo of Professionals at Reich, Jumbeck, Stole & Reeb, LLP
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Court Order Enforcement

Keep Yourself And Others Accountable For Court Orders

While many people hope that a family court order is the end of their divorce or family law case, the other party can fail to hold up their side of the agreement. If you do not receive the full benefits of your court order, call our knowledgeable enforcement attorneys. At Reich, Jumbeck, Stole & Reeb, LLP, our lawyers have over 75 years of combined legal experience and a history of success in family court. Our Joliet office fights to get the best possible outcome for people in Will, Kendall, DuPage and Grundy counties.

Enforcing Court Orders

Enforcing your order can involve filing petitions with the court or government agencies. This process can be complex and serving the other party can cost you time and money. We can walk you through the filing process and ensure that your order enforcement progresses without mistakes.

The family court can enforce many types of orders, including:

  • Divorce settlement agreements: These agreements can cover everything from spousal maintenance to the division of marital property.
  • Child support order: Child support payments must follow a strict set of guidelines and failure to pay can result in criminal charges.
  • Allocation of parental responsibility agreements: If a parent withholds parenting time, a judge may decide that changes in custody agreement are in order.

While the specifics of a court enforcement hearing can vary, failing to follow an order can lead to similar consequences. If a party can prove that a person did not follow the terms of a court order, they may have their wages garnished, criminal charges brought against them and they may have to pay for the other party’s legal fees. Our attorneys have experience representing people on both sides of these hearings. We can gather the evidence on your behalf and create a legal strategy that protects your interests.

You Do Not Have To Settle For Inaction

We can discuss your case and give you an idea of what you can expect. Call us now at 815-770-2669 or send us a message to set up your first meeting.